So Which Laptop/Tablet is Best for Newbie Realtor?

6 Replies

Just getting started in real estate and need to purchase the

best device for "on the road" with clients!  Any advice on what

works best in the field?  Also, the best buy?

Thanks so much for your help or direction!

Sarah

You can get an iPad for about $300.  Those work well.

You can get a lap top for almost $100 now days. works great and can get a power charger even to your car.

As @Rob Caldwell said, I use iPad for client meetings(I work in software) and it is great.  

I have a iPad (second to latest generation) and a laptop.  If you're just showing videos/pictures or taking notes, the iPad works fine.  If you plan on using Microsoft Office, it's pretty awkward at editing Excel spreadsheets or Word docs so for those functions, I don't care for it.  It's possible the non-iOS tablets are better in those regards as the ease of portability and features is a big advantage over a laptop.

I have an app on my iPad that let's me view and edit MS Office documents.

Wow!  I'm so grateful for everyone's advice!  I will be getting on Amazon this week to compare iPads ... I certainly never expected such a great consensus!!

Thanks to everyone!!

Sarah

...PS .. Rob ... I would like to know name of your

IPad app for word docs!  Thanks!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here