how to offer on wholesale properties-Maryland

how to offer on wholesale properties-Maryland

Bel Air, MD · Member since 2014 · 119 posts · 36 votes

How does one go about making a contractual offer on wholesale properties? I've purchased rentals, but all have been listed on the MLS, so I had a buyers agent. I would assume that I would need a RE attorney to draft a contract/offer, correct? Does anybody have good recommendations for RE attorneys in Maryland?

0Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Mooreville, NC · Member since 2008 · 139 posts · 58 votes
    11y

    What is the source?  Are you buying from a wholesaler?  Typically a wholesaler will have the house under purchase contract, then use an Assignment Contract to assign the deal to you.  Most closing attorney's are familiar with this practice.  

  • Bel Air, MD · Member since 2014 · 119 posts · 36 votes
    11y

    @Rob Caldwell, yes, would be a purchase from a wholesaler.  I'll do some research on assignment contracts, I'm just not familiar.  I do have a lead on a RE attorney in MD that my brother in law uses, so sounds like that is step 1, find an attorney who knows the process.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.