Good markets for first multi-family live-in purchase?

Good markets for first multi-family live-in purchase?

Vancouver, WA · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 3 votes

I was wondering if anyone knows of some good markets that are particularly great for a multi-family property that would also be decent enough to live in. I was looking in Austin and they seem to have mostly duplexes in good neighborhoods but the price seems high plus I hear their property taxes are also high - not great for cash flow. Assuming no place is out of question, where is a good place to look?

0Reply
6 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dan BurstainBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2014 · 360 posts · 331 votes
    11y

    Hi Gene,

    What kind of numbers are you looking for?  I handle all of Central Texas and there are some nice spots for cash flow, nice spots for appreciation, etc.  Happy to help.

    Dan Burstain, Investment Realtor51 Review
  • Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 87 posts · 73 votes
    11y

    You might want to consider a vacation rental strategy. My wife and I have 4 of these in Austin and it's the only way to cash flow in the nicer neighborhoods.

    I'll be the guest on BP podcast #114 on vacation rentals. It should air in two weeks. Check it out.

    I'm also a re broker specializing in Austin investment property.  

    Pm me if I can help .

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.