Moving to Roanoke, VA, need help buying and possibly house hacking

Moving to Roanoke, VA, need help buying and possibly house hacking

Investor · Roanoke, VA · Member since 2014 · 39 posts · 11 votes

Hello everyone!

My wife just got a job at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital and will be starting no later than July 1. We are looking for a home and possibly a duplex near the hospital as a house hacking opportunity. I would greatly appreciate hearing from any Realtors with experience in finding live in investment properties. My wife is eligible for a doctor's loan and I have VA loan eligibility. Thanks for any help.

0Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Salem, VA · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hi Ian!

    Congratulations to you & your wife on the new job! I am not a realtor and have only bought one house, so my advice might not be worth much. In case you haven't found it already, you might want to check out http://rvar.com/ (RVAR = Roanoke Valley Association of Realtors). You can use the Property Search to get to the MLS, and you can also use the Find a REALTOR option to search for a realtor by name or by a company name. As they helped me with my first purchase, I recommend The Real Estate Group! They can be found at http://www.thegreensign.com/

    I hope that's helpful, and welcome to Roanoke!

    --Amos

  • Investor · Roanoke, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    11y

    hello @Ian Lordi am an investor in roanoke message me and let know what you are looking for i may can help you 

    good luck 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.