Where to Go to Talk About Industrial?

Where to Go to Talk About Industrial?

Philly Burbs, PA · Member since 2015 · 338 posts · 133 votes

I really don't see this residential-light commercial real estate game as being my thing. Where can I find a forum about commercial/industrial properties?

I'd really rather discuss 3 phase power, USTs, Rail Sidings, and Overhead Cranes, than kitchen remodeling and color schemes.

Is there a forum somewhere that is more of a commercial/industrial hotspot?

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Philly Burbs, PA · Member since 2015 · 338 posts · 133 votes
    11y

    Nothing?

  • Investor · Shelbyville, KY · Member since 2011 · 93 posts · 20 votes
    11y

    Joe: I have done a few of these O/I sales . 

           My best leads have come from Commercial R/E Brokers .

           I have also driven " during the Day Through Industrial Sites looking out for Empty Parking Lots 

           Local Chambers of Commerce have actually been helpful

          You just have to be willing to put in the leg work . There is always a little bit of "BIRDDOG" in all that want to succed

          NO COM / Ind / Retail specific forums I am aware of but from an Investment standpoint the same advice you get here as relates to " Residential " still applies . 

  • Commercial Real Estate Broker · Irvine, CA · Member since 2011 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Joe - I am an industrial broker and have been for 10 years in Southern California and I love the product. My next step to move from investing in houses and apartments into small business parks 20,000-50,000 SF. I sure don't know of any forum like Bigger Pockets for that product type. Opportunities are hard to come by as they are almost always through brokers which mean that they are often widely marketed. My best source of information so far is from CoStar as they identify multi tenant versus single tenant if you want to put a mailer together. They only give you information on the market you pay for and the subscription is expensive. I have found most title companies don't segment their industrial data enough to segment your marketing lists any more than by size range. Let me know if you want market data on any place in particular and I'll dig some up for you and tell you where I found it. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.