I have to honest...makes me sad every time I see this....

I have to honest...makes me sad every time I see this....

Real Estate Broker · Burlington, NC · Member since 2013 · 95 posts · 52 votes

I want to start by saying I love a great deal when I see one.  I came across this house(foreclosure) in a solid "b" neighborhood at a great price.  As I was going through this house one of the first things I saw(you can see in this pic) was one of those tri-fold cardboard things that kids use to build science fair type projects with an award for it as well.  I go down the hall and enter one of the bedrooms and covering the walls was artwork from school projects, family vacation pics etc....as a parent of three young kids when I come across this it kills me. I always wonder what the story was and how this family lost their home...I was curious if any of you have had similar experiences....

1Reply
12 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Skippack, PA · Member since 2014 · 228 posts · 39 votes
    11y

    seen plenty of it.  It's a shame...  I personally close out that section out and just treat it as business.  Some people are just living very different lives.

  • Colleen F.Pro Member
    Investor · Narragansett, RI · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    This reminds me of my first experience with a foreclosure on a personal level.  We had a neighbor with 4 kids. Her son was my sons  best friend.   They were 7 at the time.   She was across the street and down a hill in a nice middleclass neighborhood and I often walked over to her house.  I walk down the driveway one day and her stuff is all over the lawn. I thought there was a fire but I should have been able to see that because she was almost literally across the street from my house behind another house. My heart was in my throat,  what happened? Turns out her husband posted the house for a bond on his business and then ignored the sheriff sale notices when the bond was called for non-performance and didn't tell his wife.  Sheriff lock out one morning. A couple of lesson in that experience but the fact is people make bad choices. Still makes me sad to see the fallout on that one.

  • Contractor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2014 · 317 posts · 181 votes
    11y

    Several times when looking through foreclosed properties I have opened the fridge and found fresh groceries.  Squatters can be rampant in good areas and bad... kind of sad to see.  never ran into them in person though, just found groceries.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.