Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Perez
  • Flipper
  • East Elmhurst, NY
Votes |
All Cash Purchase Refinance with Private Money.

Anthony Perez
  • Flipper
  • East Elmhurst, NY
Posted Apr 3 2015, 01:40

Hey BP So bare with me on this one because its sort of complicated.

I am currently under contract to buy a duplex for 190,000 but is valued at 220,000 now I have all cash to purchase the property but i would rather use a private lender. Now since my offer is "all cash" because i do have the money in my bank account so i can show proof of funds, i can snatch it up for a bit of a discount. I figure it would take two months to find tenants and then be able to refinance to pay off the private money. I know banks do refinances based on payment value and not appraisal and i want to refinance two months into the property to pay off the hard money. To then have more capital to play with. Btw this is my first property and if you guys think im over my head i appreciate realness.

Here is the main question!?

Would a bank find me favorable for a refinance of $120,000 with the $195,000 in my bank account and give me a better rate or should i just purchase all cash find tenants and then refinance with less then 20k in my bank. Another factor is I don't have proof of income for the past two years but i have no debt at all. and my credit score is in the 700's

Feedback would be greatly appreciated on which route i should take

Loading replies...