Olympia, WA · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 1 vote
Due to the fact that I don't have too much money, I wanted to ask of the idea of well.... getting a RE license if it can help me in terms of shorter-term real estate investment strategies (mainly Wholesaling) I am in Washington State by the way. Can a real estate license help me out with Wholesaling and how can it help? I don't know if WA would require I do, but better I know before I jump out and get into a miserable penalty game.
Before I can do an investment deal, I need some more education. Any good books on wholesaling? I keep seeing books on amazon but I do want to hear the graceful opinions of the people here and not from rigged reviewers.
(I assume this is wrong place to put post up, if so, please move it immediately)
Real Estate Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2014 · 60 posts · 33 votes
11y
Each investors has their opinions about "To License on Not to License". I can only talk from CA agent perspective. If you are an agent you usually have to work under a broker. There are usually fees involved with being under a broker (% of commission, monthly desk fee, insurance, etc). So it takes money to make money.
One of the values you add as a wholesaler is no commission off the end sale price. You will loose this depending on what your agreement is with your broker.
Want to learn more about wholesaling? Listen to the podcasts and hear from those that are doing it. They each answer the "Famous Four" and see what books they have used.
Advice - Wholesaling or being an agent are both businesses. Build a plan to build your business and get moving.