Any good, "simple" publications for NJ landlord -tenant issues

Any good, "simple" publications for NJ landlord -tenant issues

Real Estate Investor · NJ · Member since 2011 · 32 posts · 2 votes

Hello,

I'm a NJ landlord looking for any publications,                                                  "do's and don't" for landlords regarding legal responsibility towards tenants.                                                Issues such as legally rejecting prospective applicants, things you should and should not do etc.

I searched for a book that might this basic info written for the landlord                but haven't been able to find anything.

I have read  the NJ state law regarding landlord-tenant issues.

Thanks for any responses.

0Reply
9 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mark LangdonPro Member
    Investor · Whippany, NJ · Member since 2010 · 356 posts · 104 votes
    11y

    Hi Steve;

    Below is a couple links from the state and a lawyer group to protect NJ tenants for your reading pleasure. It captures most of the items specific to NJ. Other than that I am sure if you search on BiggerPockets for Landlord books you will find tons of recommended ones to purchase. Good Luck !

    http://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/codes/publications...

    http://www.state.nj.us/dca/divisions/codes/offices...

    www.lsnjlaw.org/Publications/Pages/Manuals/TenantsRights.pdf

  • Real Estate Investor · NJ · Member since 2011 · 32 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Thanks Mark for the links.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.