ACESS to MLS in the state of Minnesota

ACESS to MLS in the state of Minnesota

Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hi , Anyone in the Minneapolis / St paul , Minnesota region who would be willing to help hook me onto MLS for a fee probably ? This is until i am able to get to US and maybe then i could consider becoming a licensed or un - licensed assistant to a real estate agent. Anyone in the area who could help me out with this. I dont live in the USA so getting a license at this stage is not an option. I am talking to a few realtors but i dont think they are happy to consider sharing their MLS login.

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2012 · 161 posts · 27 votes
11y

@Soujanya Raj-Akil

Hello, I am a Real Estate Agent and Investor based out of the Minneapolis area. If you need comps pulled for a specific property I should be able to produce those for you relatively quickly. Just send me a message with the property address and the email to send them to. 

Cheers, Sawyer 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Shawn McenteerBusiness Member
    Realtor · Boonton Township, NJ · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Sharing the MLS with others is something that can go bad fast for the agent. I do not see many agents wanting to take part in your proposal because of liability reason. Have you considered become an agent through online courses? not sure if Minnesota offers them but that may be something to look into. Best of luck.

    House Hacking New Jersey563 Reviews
  • Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    I agree Shawn. I will look into real estate agent courses online. 

    Thank you. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Englewood FL & Prior Lake, MN · Member since 2012 · 107 posts · 33 votes
    11y

    Yeah, sharing your MLS ID and password is illegal and violates the MLS access agreement. If caught, the realtor or other licensee would lose their MLS access, their license, and would be liable for any damages in case someone booked a showing and robbed a property. It's just a really bad idea. Get your license or just use Zillow, realtor.com, trulia, or anyone of the numerous other sites with most mls data.

  • Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Yeah i have to say i have never been comfortable doing that. but you always meet people that encourage you to do it. does not seem right to me. I should atleast be able to ask a Real estate agent to send me similar comms for the deal i am working on. And use the free services until i can get my license. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2012 · 161 posts · 27 votes
    11y

    @Soujanya Raj-Akil

    Hello, I am a Real Estate Agent and Investor based out of the Minneapolis area. If you need comps pulled for a specific property I should be able to produce those for you relatively quickly. Just send me a message with the property address and the email to send them to. 

    Cheers, Sawyer 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.