Tracking down an owner of a property, How can I do this

Tracking down an owner of a property, How can I do this

Newark, NJ · Member since 2014 · 28 posts · 5 votes

Hello forum, 

I have been actively sending out yellow letters in an area near me these properties are boarded up and I want them. Recently one of my yellow letters came back in the mail because forwarding ended for this person. Now I want to ask how would you suggest I go and track this person. I originally got their address through the tax records of the property so I am kind of at a loss where to go from here. 


Thank you for any info 

Adrian 

0Reply
10 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 78 posts · 32 votes
    11y

    I typically have this issue. I just go back to the county website and type in the owner name. 98% of the time, their address changed and was not updated in the time frame you sent out your letters. I have heard others using paid services to track down owners. I am sure if you search something like Returned Yellow Letters, you are sure to get a complete answer. 

    If I could not find the owners through the county,after the fact, I would just post a letter on the door, garage, or anywhere I knew the owner would look.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.