Recommend Principal Broker in Portland Area to Work Under

4 Replies

All,

My fiance is taking her real estate test today to become a broker to work all of our upcoming multifamily deals we have coming up as well as some friend's deals.  We are in the Portland area and are curious if anyone recommends a company or principal broker to work under?  Things that we are looking for is a low fee structure that is based on how many deals are done, and not a monthly fee or just a quality person that someone has had experience with.  If you aren't in the Portland area, feel free to recommend a firm that is national that you have had a good experience with!

Thanks!

Blake

I hope your fiance's test went well.  

I'm in Portland as well. I got licensed last year for similar reasons and now work under a principal broker with her own agency.  I met her at an open house and we really hit it off.  When it came time to find someone to work under I called her, along with several others that I found through various avenues.  Her terms were better for me than what anyone else offered.

One thing that might appeal to you is that her company also does property management so she has a great deal of knowledge about rentals.

Feel free to message me for her info.

I would recommend Summa I looked at many brokerages when deciding to hang my license somewhere. Most are interested in collecting agents and collecting fee's. Fee's are not the only thing to consider when choosing who will help you grow. Single brokerage houses may be fine if you want just 1 persons direction. You need a good culture to surrounds yourself in and be able to reach out to many people with experience. I have 3 go to on staff PB's in just my office (10-15 licensed make regular appearances). Everyone will want to collect you as an agent looks at a few and choose wisely. Your surroundings will determine your success.

@Thomas Salisbury , I agree with @Justin Green . I also "hang my shingle" for Summa Real Estate Group and have no regrets. Everything that Justin says and we have access to a lot of tools and apps that really make our jobs easier.

Thanks for all the messages definitley going to look into all of these options.  I'll message each of you to gather more information.  Thanks!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here