Have you been getting this craigslist spam? What do you do?

Have you been getting this craigslist spam? What do you do?

Lakewood, OH · Member since 2013 · 193 posts · 60 votes

I listed my property for sale and I probably get atleast one of these per day:

First Email

Is this property still available?

Thanks,

Second Email

Great. We have a few questions before we call you.

Is the house in good condition? Does it need any repairs?

How long have you been in the property?

Why are you selling it?

Are you flexible on the price?

If we paid all cash and closed quickly what would you need?

What’s the best number to call you if we have any more questions?

This is becoming real annoying, was wondering how you guys construct the ads so that you can minimize these, calls only maybe? 

Does anyone else get these?

0Reply
32 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Montgomery, TX · Member since 2014 · 386 posts · 151 votes
11y

Put a note for wholesalers and realtors not to inquire. That should take care of most. 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    I wonder if this is someones VA just combing through craigslist sending out emails to try and find properties...? Have you responded to the second email?

  • Investor · Montgomery, TX · Member since 2014 · 386 posts · 151 votes
    11y

    Put a note for wholesalers and realtors not to inquire. That should take care of most. 

  • Vendor · NY, NY · Member since 2009 · 175 posts · 52 votes
    11y

    @Justin B.

    Is it Automated? How quickly does it come in once you post?

  • Lakewood, OH · Member since 2013 · 193 posts · 60 votes
    11y

    It seems like a bot that will respond to the initial email within 24 hours after emailing them back. I haven't gotten a response back after I respond to the 2nd email.

  • Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2014 · 755 posts · 462 votes
    11y

    I respond: "Yes call me so we can discuss it."

    It usually generates another auto response.

  • Real Estate Agent · Owasso, OK · Member since 2014 · 517 posts · 400 votes
    11y

    It's me and it's totally legit.  I want the house bad.  After getting ignored on Craigslist, I had to stalk you over here and create a profile just to talk to you.  Come on.  Trust me.  It's real.  Respond to the inquiry to your ad.  I will be waiting.

  • Investor · Buffalo, NY · Member since 2013 · 100 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    I like when you put a house up for sale and in a day or so someone has listed it on Craiglist for rent. Had that happen with my last flip, my agent called me to tell me someone hijacked our listing and posted our house up for rent for $750 a month. I emailed the poster to try and work out a "deal" to meet him at the property to give him a "deposit" then have him nabbed by the Sheriffs office. He never replied tho. 

  • Investor · Orlando, Fl. · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    Last ad I ran on CL drew similar responses. It looks like a template the wholesale gurus provide their "trainees". Assuming things haven't changed much, 1/2 won't respond even if you provide the perfect answers they're looking for. A couple may ask "will you sell on a lease purchase" (hey, I do that too), a couple others will subtract 35% from your asking price hoping you'll drop to "hard money" lender levels so they can make an offer. But keep your ad running. Eventually a real buyer will show up. They always do if it's priced right!  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.