How to Sell without use of realtor.

How to Sell without use of realtor.

Owner/Property Manager/Landlord · Weston, FL · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 0 votes

Hi guys,

I got an apartment for sale and it is in very good condition. There is no mortgage pending. I would like to maximize the return and minimize the selling time. What are the resources I can use to sell this property without the help of a realtor. This will be the first source of own cash to be used in the future to invest including fixing the roof in another payed in full house.

0Reply
8 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor/Realtor · Wentzville, MO · Member since 2014 · 846 posts · 431 votes
    11y

    @Andres Yory

    Welcome to BP!

    You can use craigslist to market it to buyers.  Postlets.com is also a great marketing site.  It broadcast the property to many different marketing sites such as zillow, trulia, and many others.  I would start with those two and see if you get any interest.

  • Real Estate Agent · Inglewood, CA · Member since 2015 · 294 posts · 150 votes
    11y

    Be very careful because most buyers will have a Realtor protecting their interest. If they have a Realtor (buyer paid) and you do not have experience with the RE sale process you will be at a severe disadvantage possibly losing more money than you planned on saving. I have personally assisted with similar transactions where I represented a buyer in a FSBO situation and it was like the Dodgers playing a college team, they understood the concepts of the game but they were not professionals. I wish you the best, just be aware of all pros and cons of your decision.

  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    How big is the apartment building?

    I would simply call potentially interested buyers... those who own already apartment buildings in your area, those who have recently purchased buildings. Put the word out that you are selling. The more interest you can generate, the better off you will be. Brokers spend years building these contacts. I'm in agreement with @Clarence Johnson though... you might get your butt handed to you in negotiations if you don't have someone representing your interests.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.