Buying a Mobile Home and Moving it to Different Lot

Buying a Mobile Home and Moving it to Different Lot

Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Have any of you guys had any success buying a mobile home and a separate lot and moving the mobile home to your new lot and then selling? I understand that the neighborhood that the lot is purchased in has to allow mobile homes, but is that "all" I need to worry about?

0Reply
10 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Glendale, AZ · Member since 2015 · 113 posts · 47 votes
    11y

    Hi Lawrence,

    I personally have not done this, but my dad has invested in Mobile Homes and the land for over 30 years and I have spoken with Mobile Home park owners who have successfully done this. Depending on your situation (would need more detail) there may be a lot (pun not intended) to think about. There could be state or city laws that prevent it from taking place, not just the mobile home park neighborhood. If it is permitted then you would need to think about if you can get city water or well water, gas/electric or propane, septic tank or sewage, etc. if you are planning on putting it on an empty piece of land in a neighborhood with houses then I would consider re-sale value and the fact that the neighbors might not like you for it. I am assuming that you already have figured out how you are going to transport it to the land. I guess what I am trying to say is that it depends on what you are looking to do and where you plan to do it. Some cities like Tucson this is common place and others like Beverly Hills might be a lot of hoops to jump through.

    -John

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.