Where Are You Renting Greenville SC

8 Replies

I've been dormant a while, but after 2.5 years living in Greenville SC, I'm looking to finally make the plunge in some rentals up here...but I am still not sure what are prime areas.

I've been told Cherrydale area I can get a 3/2 under 100k that'll rent at 1%...what are some areas other investors have had luck with?  What are some areas that you're rehabbing too?

Chris

I'm all about Downtown:  West End, Mills Mill, and Dunean.  

I'm still trying to figure out the area...is that all part of Greenville?  What are you average prices & rents?

We own and manage a bunch in Greenville.  If you want my opinion on areas, I will share it no charge.  

@Jason Dillard I'd be curious where you are investing?  What type or properties (under 100k)?  Or Multi's?  Trying to get my feet wet here.

Chris

We like single family under 50k to keep.  Any size multi-family.  We try to flip houses in 150k to 250k range. 

@Christopher Schmidt I see that you decided to stay in Greenville, at least for now? We'll be up in a couple weeks, would love to grab another beer and catch up.

@Jason Dillard I'm also interested in getting into the rental market in the Greenville area, would love to hear your take on what areas provide good ROI.

All areas for right price or terms. 

@Michael Smith you we stuck it out a little longer, though we still itch to get back home.  There are opportunities here, so why let them go to waste.  Investing up here, you looking to make your move soon?

Let me know when you are up here, we can definitely grab a beer.

Chris

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide