2nd - need to clear and/or negotiate

3 Replies

I have a house I am trying to sell in Charlotte area.  

I need a lawyer who can negotiate and hopefully clear a 2nd that was a MERS 2nd (bought house in 2005) and now, no clear loan servicer.  I think the legal procedure is a "Quiet Title Action" that has to be undertaken.


That's nice. Are you telling us or asking for help?

BTW, welcome to BP. Do you plan to contribute or just get advice?

This is a properyth that you own, and took the second on, or you acquired the house with the mortgages?  Quiet titles don't generally work for legitimate mortgages.  Did you try the MERS search/look up?

I am looking for a NC lawyer to undertake a Quiet Title Action - that's exactly what I'm asking - if anyone has any recommendations.  

The MERS search by the Closing Attorney revealed the 2nd is supposedly with the same company that has my 1st.  However, after repeatedly asking several departments and asking for a Payoff amount (which has been posted by my mortgage company as just the 1st) I STILL need to clear the 2nd with the same mortgage company.  Actually, there is probably no paperwork on this 2nd - went through a number of servicers - but I still have to Clear the 2nd to close.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here