Got any advice on buying a 12-15 unit apartment building

Got any advice on buying a 12-15 unit apartment building

Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 92 posts · 10 votes

I was looking at forclosures and saw an apartment buildings that was on the List. I though you could buy these  on the court house steps  like single family properties, is this not correct? Someone I know said no?!? 

0Reply
37 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Gavin WelchPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Lakeland, FL · Member since 2011 · 305 posts · 181 votes
    11y
    I have not seen many of these types of properties on the court house steps. Typically, they are owned by larger and smarter investors and the foreclosure chances are less. There are some commercial brokers and wholesalers that specialize on these properties. I have been looking for this type of properties as well and it seems like the price of these properties has inflated in the last couple of years. The value-add investors have purchased most of them. I would try to market private owners of these properties directly, so you can find a better deal than an advertised property. Good luck. Gavin
  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 92 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    Thanks, ok I will do more research. 

  • Lender · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    If you source any and you would be helped with the participation of a phenomenal HML partner, please let me know. I would be happy to be of service in this regard.

    Sincerely,

  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2015 · 243 posts · 70 votes
    11y

    Cynthia:

    I am interested in multi family foreclosures in the DFW market. What sources are you using? I am also open to help you with your coordination of the related activities.

    Thank you.

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 92 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    Hello and thank you Kathy, 

    I am an agent so I use Mls both Texas as well as commercial Mls. I also get the tax sale lists. 

  • Professional · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 397 posts · 34 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Cynthia Scaife:

    I was looking at forclosures and saw an apartment buildings that was on the List. I though you could buy these  on the court house steps  like single family properties, is this not correct? Someone I know said no?!? 

     Where exactly is the building located? Was it vacant?

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 92 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    The building has been vacant for several month I think I am still researching it and will follow up when I know more.

  • Professional · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 397 posts · 34 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Cynthia Scaife:

    The building has been vacant for several month I think I am still researching it and will follow up when I know more.

     You want to know who exactly is foreclosing and the whereabouts of whoever happens to be on the deed.

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 92 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    well found out who next ie a call to them. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 92 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    thanks charley, I will keep that in mine. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.