How to estimate the cost to build a house

How to estimate the cost to build a house

Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 241 posts · 21 votes

In order to become more diverse an to take advantage of the up and coming areas in my city of Charlotte, North Carolina I thought about wholesaling land.So I did some research on how much it cost to build a home an it gave a rough estimate of 125 dollars per square foot. I realize the neighborhood and finishes will change the numbers. So if you have a simple way to be able to estimate the cost to build a home in a particular area fill free to leave a comment.

0Reply
25 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Severna Park, MD · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    10y

    Too many factors , zoning , site work , water and sewer . In my area , storm water management , school impact fees , reforestation , nitrogen reducing septic systems

    ( $ 20K ) . 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 93 posts · 31 votes
    10y

    was just wondering about building cost as well... Seems a bit high but was having trouble find data myself

  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 241 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    @Matthew Paul thanks for leaving that comment, because the more research I do I see there are plenty different elements that come into play. Like labor playing a big role in construction cost. @Zachary Betters thanks for the comment, as I do my research I'm just targeting on a certain area than from there seeing the finishes of new homes in the area an trying to get more info from there. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.