Where are the deals in Los Angeles?

Where are the deals in Los Angeles?

Realtor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2015 · 64 posts · 22 votes

I'm new to investing and yet to score my first deal! I've been trying to build relationships with agents and they send me the MLS listings for different areas. When a deal makes sense, we make an offer but always get out bid! Yesterday a fixer in Westchester, nice deal, had 42 offers! Today another one in Sherman Oaks with only 4 days on the market had already 11 offers, went for way over asking, all cash, 14 days close and free 2 month lease back! As many of you know, this is the kind of competition that is out there for some of these MLS deals. Pretty crazy!

I'm looking at REO's and the banks seem to want a lot of money as well. I've also thought about auctions, but heard it's a bloodbath as well.

Any advice?

0Reply
8 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Hey Ludmila- I am a broker and off market specialist here in Brentwood, we should definately chat tomorrow :) I'm sure I can help you find/lock up a deal, just let me know what time may work for you. And Westchester is still a great place to be looking. My colleague Stephanie Younger and I cover that area and yes it is very competitive, but we see and help motivated sellers execute off market deals all the time. Hope to talk soon and learn more about your current focus.

    Mike

  • Realtor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2015 · 64 posts · 22 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed I just posted on your other thread!  :)

    PM me here with your contact info.

    Thanks!

    Ludy

  • Investor · Bay Shore, NY · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 688 votes
    10y

    @Ludmila Hill- Welcome to the vibrant BP community. Yes, it's very competitive but don't give up.

    Below, are the links to two blogs that will help to focus on your selection when it's found.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2010/06/3...

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investin...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.