Presented with an opportunity...Is Puerto Rico viable for REI?

9 Replies

Hello REI Community,

I am originally from PR and I am always looking for REI opportunities there because of nostalgia and maybe retirement. However, I don't have a clue if investing there would be a wise move. Thoughts?

I am currently presented with an opportunity of a distressed property there, having auction on December. Should I?

Thanks bunches!

Yadira

Hi @Yadira Gutierrez ,

I am currently living in Puerto Rico. Born and raised. I think that we have a lot of REI opportunities available. I am working on buying a foreclosure property right now. I don't have to much experience in the market, but I am willing to help you on any concern that you may have.

Hi @Yadira Gutierrez ,

I am currently living in Puerto Rico. Born and raised. I think that we have a lot of REI opportunities available. I am working on buying a foreclosure property right now. I don't have to much experience in the market, but I am willing to help you on any concern that you may have.

Anthony

Island newbie

@Yadira Gutierrez it's always nice to look around when I travel. I've never thought of PR for investing until a year ago. I go back as often as I can to visit. We stay in Camuy, which is where my friends family is from.

@Anthony Benjamin what particular areas do you look at? Are you working with an agent or do you belong to a REI club?

I am also interested in this topic. PR came up in several conversations I've had recently with other investors.

Please post details of the deals you come across or buy into.

Many thanks!

@Yadira Gutierrez

Hi,

Yes, I went but didn't get any chance to look around. Landed in Aguadilla and stayed in Camuy. Usually land in San Juan but there were a better flight to Aguadilla since San Juan is so far from Camuy.

Kira Golden sent me a PM but I never followed up. I'm still interested in learning about vacation rentals as a "learning" of and about but not ready to just jump in. There is so much that I can absorb and act on. LOL