How much can a new RE agent expect to make the first year?

How much can a new RE agent expect to make the first year?

Investor · Fleming Island, FL · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 8 votes

I know this can vary greatly, but was just curious about how much I can realistically expect to make in RE my first year if I do it full time. Not sure yet if I will join a team? I would love to hear about your experience?

0Reply
19 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John DudasPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Adrian, MI · Member since 2015 · 39 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    I have no experience yet but my research in my area suggested $20 - $30k the first year of full time sales. The average in my area is $40k but includes all agents. Since most work part time and only make about $20k per year they bring the average down. Average home prices in your area will also reflect your potential earnings as well as the agreement with your broker for your compensation % of commissions. They should scale up the more sales you make. I will be actively working part time in 2016 and have a goal of $20 my first year as part time.
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    10y

    Everyone is different. I know plenty of agents who have made zero in year 1, and other who have made $200,000.

    I prefer to look at being a real estate agent is being the owner of a small business, thus I tell people not to expect to be profitable for the first two years. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.