Does The Fed's Rate Hike Affect Your Or Future Strategies?

Does The Fed's Rate Hike Affect Your Or Future Strategies?

Russell BrazilBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes

Im curious how everyone's strategies may change with the current rate hike, and what will likely be a series of hikes going forward.  

About 6 months ago my goal, with the idea that the era of cheap money might be coming to an end, was to add an additional $1 million in mortgage debt over the next year.  Ive gotten to about half that goal in the past 6 months, and should hit my goal.

EDIT: Title should have been 

Does The Fed's Rate Hike Affect Your Current Or Future Strategies?

0Reply
23 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 15 votes
    10y

    Not really will change much - but I'm a noobie.  Getting a mortgage 3-4% is still a heck of a deal. To me, it shows strength in the economy as it is recovering. No prospective homeowner is going to decide not to sell over a .25% increase (typically <$50/mo payment difference)

    I guess it might make me leverage a little more now for my immediate buys and a little less if rates go up, but I don't know if I will actually do that when feet get to the fire. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.