Rental Property Investor · Rockwall, TX · Member since 2015 · 30 posts · 12 votes
I just got a contract on my first wholesale deal and I'm about to market it. I have a few friends who are Real Estate Agents. Has anyone ever contacted them to see if they had a cash buyer? If so how would you compensate them if that's even possible.
Lender · Playa del Carmen, México · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y
Hi @Joshua Pope. We ask agents to add their commission to the price of the property before presenting it to their client.
So, for a $50K house, an agent in our market would typically add 3% and present $51.5K to their buyer. From there, no matter where we end up in the negotiation, we'll make sure the agent gets paid 3% of the final price at closing, no matter what. Happy agents makes for a happy wholesaler!