How will the small spike in interest rates affect our market?

How will the small spike in interest rates affect our market?

Realtor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 5 votes

BP Community!

First and foremost, I hope each and everyone of you have a prosperous Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 

I'm sure most of you have already heard about the FED's raising the interest rates this past week. 

What are your predictions as far as  what we can expect in the real estate industry? 

Will this hurt/help the market? 

What does this mean to home sellers/buyers?

I look forward to seeing what you guys have to say about this interesting topic! 

Respectfully,

Justin Peters 

Real Estate Professional 

0Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 880 votes
    10y

    TRID/RESPA is having a real impact on the market and sales volumes (closing times increasing). The overnight/prime rate increase doesn't affect the 10-year treasury bond that mortgages rates are tied. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.