Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 64 posts · 7 votes
I am purchasing a investment property. The auditor website and list says 3005 sqft. The house is 5 split level with the lowest level unfinished.
The appraisal report comes with 2430 sqft Gross living area. 397 sqft finished basement and 140 sqft non-living finished area (due to the wall of one bedroom is not high enough).
I supposed to close it next week. I want the seller reduce the price, but seller do not agree. What should I do?
Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
10y
Well the difference between the advertised square footage, and what those numbers the appraiser adds up to is negligible. I would not lower the price either. In the states where I work, square footage by an appraiser would not be a sufficient out of a contract.