Will Trump make things better for real estate investors?

Will Trump make things better for real estate investors?

Investor · hampton, VA · Member since 2009 · 428 posts · 249 votes

hey BP what do you think....   do you think Trump will make policy changes or make any tax changes to benefit us real estate investors if he gets elected?  Since he's has such an extensive RE background...    

0Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris MasonPro Member
Moderator
Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
10y

Maybe he will make it so there's no waiting period to buy more real estate using a conventional mortgage following a bk, so we can all get in on how he's been doing it for decades. 

1) Form Chris M #1 LLC.

2) Buy investment property. 

3) Turns out it was a lemon.

4) Chris M #1 LLC declares bankruptcy, debt is discharged.

5) Form Chris M #2 LLC.

6) Buy another home.

7) ???

8) Profit.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    10y

    Maybe he will make it so there's no waiting period to buy more real estate using a conventional mortgage following a bk, so we can all get in on how he's been doing it for decades. 

    1) Form Chris M #1 LLC.

    2) Buy investment property. 

    3) Turns out it was a lemon.

    4) Chris M #1 LLC declares bankruptcy, debt is discharged.

    5) Form Chris M #2 LLC.

    6) Buy another home.

    7) ???

    8) Profit.

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2012 · 190 posts · 85 votes
    10y

    @Chris Mason +1 internets for you. 

  • Investor · Daphne, AL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 242 votes
    10y
    No.
  • Investor · Century, FL · Member since 2015 · 950 posts · 603 votes
    10y

    Technically no, because most RE law and taxation is done at State level.

    What (I hope) he will improve is the economic climate. Whether that affects real estate investors like me I have no idea, because I buy distressed discounted properties. Whether those will exist in the numbers I'm willing to pay in an economy that hopefully will do much better, I don't know.

    However, I want a good economy regardless of my RE endeavors.

  • Real Estate Agent · Austell, GA · Member since 2014 · 232 posts · 74 votes
    10y

    ummmm probably not...

  • Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 811 posts · 420 votes
    10y
    He has zero chance of winning a general election. I wouldn't waste time thinking it.
  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    10y

    Ha!

  • Investor · hampton, VA · Member since 2009 · 428 posts · 249 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @James DeRoest:

    Technically no, because most RE law and taxation is done at State level.

    What (I hope) he will improve is the economic climate. Whether that affects real estate investors like me I have no idea, because I buy distressed discounted properties. Whether those will exist in the numbers I'm willing to pay in an economy that hopefully will do much better, I don't know.

    However, I want a good economy regardless of my RE endeavors.

     Hey james we all buy distressed property, but we then hv to get out of the houses somehow.    Unless ur buying homes to keep for your personal use..  What does that fact hv to do with the RE industry? 

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    10y

    Trump would likely introduce instability into the market place...which regardless of his actual policies is usually bad for markets.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.