Appraiser · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 0 votes
I am interested in buying a home (first time buyer) and I am wondering if I have to go to a bank to get some sort of loan/mortgage pre-approval in order to buy a home or to be taken seriously by real estate agents?
Rental Property Investor · West Bend, WI · Member since 2015 · 931 posts · 598 votes
10y
not necessarily by agents, their are plenty of agents that will waste their time with a buyer that doesnt have the money figured out, but i will tell you those are not the agents you want to work with. DO GET PRE-APPROVED, then go looking for an agent, dont tell them you are pre approved unless they ask, if they ask why you didnt tell them right away, tell them you were seeing what kind of agent they are. Also find a full timer, 80% of agents are part time, i also recomend look at who has the majority of the listings in the area you want to buy, and work with them, they know that market best. Good Luck!!! I am a Broker turned investor, since 2007