Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2016 · 47 posts · 86 votes
I am in the beginning stages of starting my investment company and am writing sort of a business plan. I want to include a section that defines my market and shows how the Knoxville Tennessee market is doing. I am looking for information on the amount of homes being rented vs bought, what the temperature of the market is, and any other types of data that I might be able to include on a letter to give to a private lender to show what the market in Knoxville is like.
Any ideas where to get this information? Should I just look at the main sites like zillow and truilia or are there different ways to research this? Also any other information to help a new beginner looking to purchase buy and holds would be great. Thanks
Go to Loopnet search this area for props pull 5 property packages find the 5 pages in each that talk about why this is the best place for real estate. Copy and paste them into a word doc you now have 25 pages of talking points why this area is great.
The local REIA's and landlord association meetings are also good sources.
Residential Real Estate Agent · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2013 · 803 posts · 689 votes
10y
@John Morgan if you have any close Realtor friends they can pull some data for you from their local MLS. I do data pulls all the time and look at average days on market, list vs sale price etc. I like to geek out on this stuff to stay informed.