South Pasadena, CA · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
Hi! I joined this community because my wife and I, with our little 3 mo. old boy are looking to buy a house. Our preference are the areas listed above. Are any of these areas safe and gangster free? Thanks in advance!
Real Estate Broker · Sierra Madre, CA · Member since 2015 · 72 posts · 22 votes
10y
Mike - the locations you mentioned are all transitioning into amazing neighborhoods. If you want to discuss more shoot me an email. I'm a realtor in Pasadena and know those areas well. Message me if you want some more info!
Scott Winnie
Investor · Pasadena, CA · Member since 2015 · 50 posts · 29 votes
10y
Mike,
I live in North East Pasadena (with kids) and I am happy to chat with you on the area and my experiences in Pasadena. I have lived in three diff areas of Pasadena so I am happy to share that perspective. I can't speak to the other neighborhoods as I just don't know them.
Also, for your research check out the crime maps on the real estate apps. If I remember right Trulia had a good one. Also, check citydata.com as you can get really really detailed information. We moved to CA from MD so looking at crime heat maps and data was critical.
Also, you can compare it to the South Pas maps as you will see South Pas has higher crime areas along the store fronts (mission, Fair Oaks, etc.) and you can compare where you currently live to the other areas.
Private message me and I happy to have a phone conversation.
Real Estate Consultant · Naples, FL · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 1 vote
10y
Hi Mike,
I'm investing in those areas and have looked at numerous houses. Are you looking for a house to renovate or something that is ready to move in to? PM me as well. Happy to share thoughts -
Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 0 votes
10y
Hey Mike,
A bit late to the punch, but I've been investing in the City Terrace/El Sereno area. Bought a property in City Terrace a couple years ago and have been seeing tremendous improvement in the neighborhood. City Terrace was once the heart of gang violence in East LA, but those days have passed. Friendly, family-centric environment that is a 5 minute drive to the arts district (which is booming) and sits above Boyle heights (also on its way up). There are still a ton of beautiful spanish homes and one of the only affordable neighborhoods near the city.
Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 10 votes
10y
No one will believe me, but there are also some great deals in South LA. And if you happen to want something move in ready - I own a property I am about to sell in that area. You will not get "gangster free" anywhere in LA. Every neighborhood has streets that should be avoided. But if you'd be interested in considering South LA let me know. I am trying to sell my place off market