Trying to find an investment in Oregon

Trying to find an investment in Oregon

Rental Property Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 85 posts · 49 votes

I am currently trying to find a solid investment in Oregon and have run into nothing but issues. When I find a property that might be worth anything, its either in absolute dismay, or it is off the market in a day. 

I know there are better ways at finding real estate deals. What are some ways in this market that I can find a good deal? Is it REO, HUD, Foreclosures, Short Sales?

Thanks

0Reply
16 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 732 posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Start buying places that need work. You can create a lot of equity this way. Just make sure you run the numbers right.
  • Rental Property Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 85 posts · 49 votes
    10y

    @Neal Collins, I find that the properties that are in need of work in this area are ones that are still way over-priced for the amount of work needed. What is your take on that? What areas should I look towards? 

    I am looking for a triplex or fourplex by the way. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.