Which suburbs in Cleveland area best for flipping SFH's?

Which suburbs in Cleveland area best for flipping SFH's?

Cleveland, OH · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 17 votes

I am looking to start fixing and flipping cheaper single family homes in the Cleveland area. I'm looking to purchase in the $15k-$30k ballpark. What areas would be my best bet for finding buyers? I was thinking possibly the Elyria area? Any input on the surrounding Cleveland suburbs housing markets would be appreciated.

Thanks

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Professional Investor · Dayton, OH · Member since 2016 · 113 posts · 36 votes
10y

There are a lot of active investors with your same goal in the Cleveland area.  I think one of the BP moderators (James Wise) is in that market, and I think he is a realtor.

Consider reaching out to him.

In addition, if you haven't already, join your local REIA. You will find out a lot about your local market there.

I used to poo-poo REIA's. But after almost a decade of absence, I rejoined and have found it worthwhile.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Professional · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 60 posts · 31 votes
    10y

    I would recommend to avoid those cities that have Point of Sale inspections. 

  • Cleveland, OH · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 17 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    I would recommend to avoid those cities that have Point of Sale inspections. 

     Thank you for the input, David! That is good advice. How could I find out which cities do and do not have POS inspections?

  • Professional · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 60 posts · 31 votes
    10y

    http://www.systemtosell.com/point-of-sale-inspections-cleveland-ohio.htm

  • Cleveland, OH · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 17 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    http://www.systemtosell.com/point-of-sale-inspections-cleveland-ohio.htm

     That is great! Thank you very much.

  • Fremont, CA · Member since 2015 · 289 posts · 63 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    http://www.systemtosell.com/point-of-sale-inspections-cleveland-ohio.htm

     That is great! Thank you very much.

     Hi Nick I am buy and hold investor in parma area please let me know if you get in to flipping or wholesaling. All the best.

  • Professional Investor · Dayton, OH · Member since 2016 · 113 posts · 36 votes
    10y

    There are a lot of active investors with your same goal in the Cleveland area.  I think one of the BP moderators (James Wise) is in that market, and I think he is a realtor.

    Consider reaching out to him.

    In addition, if you haven't already, join your local REIA. You will find out a lot about your local market there.

    I used to poo-poo REIA's. But after almost a decade of absence, I rejoined and have found it worthwhile.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    10y

    I recommend moving up to a higher price point if you are looking to get into house flipping.

    Margins are too thin/ non existent in the low end areas. 

    Move yourself up to a renovated price point of $150-$300k 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.