Brass Tacks of Getting a Deal Locked in

Brass Tacks of Getting a Deal Locked in

Flipper/Rehabber · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2016 · 114 posts · 18 votes

Here is a rookie question for you. I've only purchased a couple of FSBO properties in my past, and it's been a while. I have a property I'm ready to make a cash offer on, that will be a flip property for us. The owner lives five hours from us. I'd like to get this locked in quickly, as we think it's a good deal. How best would you suggest we get get an agreement to her to sign. Something like DocuSign? Overnight mail with return mailer? Is there something our title company can help us with? Also, the best place to get such an agreement template? Or would you just drive over? :-) I plan to be agreed with her on price and terms over the phone. Thanks in advance for your pointers! -Kathryn

0Reply
8 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Greenwich, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Kathryn Bowden, if it's a good deal, it's worth the drive. Why risk the owner not understanding how DocuSign works, missing the FedEx driver, forgetting to sign in the right place, etc.?

    Plus, she's less likely to get cold feet with you standing right in front of her. 

    Happy to recommend a few podcasts for the trip (besides just BP).

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2016 · 114 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    Yes, makes total sense.  Turned out, Brian drove over, while I worked out the agreement with her over the phone.  I then emailed it to Staples and they printed it out, which is where the two of them met.  We have our signed agreement and are officially in escrow as of today!  :-)  So happy to have our next project, and first project in our new "official" capacity as more-less full time investors.  So we are off to a good start.  And I hope it's a good sign of things to come.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.