Looking for help in investment properties in North Chicago

Looking for help in investment properties in North Chicago

Investor · Saratoga, CA · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 2 votes

Hi all,

I live in CA and am interested in investing in 2-4 unit buildings on the North side of Chicago.  I was originally thinking turnkey on the south side but am worried about having trouble trying to sell them if I need to.  I'm looking for neighborhoods that can still cashflow on North Chicago but would also have a tendency to appreciate.  

1)  What neighborhoods would you recommend on the north side?

2)  I'm also looking for recommendation for an agent that has experience working with investors and can help me locate and well as coordinate some minor rehab work (nothing major) on the Northside.

thanks!

0Reply
19 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2012 · 24 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    Hey Steve 

    Belmont cragin, Hermosa, Irving park, Dunning, portage park, Albany park, elmwood park, oak park, jeffeson park, rogers park, humboldt park (some parts you should stay away from), avondale, logan square,  are all good appreciating areas where we currently buy in Chicago. I typically try to stay under 250,0000 with purchase and rehab. The only ones that will cash flow are the ones you can make a 3 unit or 4 unit.  Typically 2 units in these areas will break even.

    Agents we  have a lot of them we work with. Message me i can send you their info

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.