Buying property in Texas as a non-US resident

Buying property in Texas as a non-US resident

Ferrara, Emilia-Romagna · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hello everyone,

I am new here but I would like to start investing money in real Estate. I would like to start by buying a residential property in Texas and rent it out. Do different rules apply for foreigners willing to buy there? Can I still use the Rental property calculator or different/hidden fees apply? What is the process for a non-resident? Note: that I am going to ask for a personal loan in my country and pay cash for the entire amount of the property. 

Thanks in advance :-)

0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2015 · 398 posts · 147 votes
    10y

    Yes you can, some slight differences but it would essentially be a cash purchase.  A quick google search returns lots of results...

    http://www.realtor.com/news/real-estate-news/can-a-person-who-is-not-a-citizen-buy-real-estate/

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.