Investor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 2 votes
I'm looking into taking a shot at the multifamily (apartment complex) avenue for investing. I am considering teaming up with someone to help make this jump. I am focusing in the Hampton Roads area ( Virginia Beach , Chesapeake , Norfolk , and surrounding areas). I have both real estate investing experience and cash to help put towards a deal. I am looking for a partner that can bring both experience and cash also. If you are interested please reach out to me. I think multifamily is a great option for scaling a business and look forward to diving into this market. Thanks Glenn
Investor · Roanoke, VA · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 12 votes
10y
@Account Closed, I'm definitely looking to partner on something. I've been on the flipping side of RE and would probably add the most value if there was an underutilized MF that had a great potential for value add. I'll send you a PM.
Flipper/Rehabber · Mansfield TX · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 0 votes
10y
I'm located in the Chesapeake, va area. Honestly, I can offer almost no experience to a potential partnership but I do learn quickly and have the desire to invest. I have cash available though. Im a dental professional in the community also. Reach out if you're open to the possibility... thanks Colby
Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
10y
Hi @Account Closed, I'm looking for something similar. I like that market and Richmond as well. I prefer Richmond, primarily because I have a better understanding of the submarkets compared to Hampton Roads. Which Hampton Roads submarket do you think is most ripe for investment?
Investor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 2 votes
10y
Taylor L.,
My focus isn't a specific area but rather a motivated seller. Obviously the area has to be in decent shape. I would like to stay in the "B to C" quality areas. I think the small to mid range apartment complexes are unique niche. They are too expensive for beginner investors and institutional money thinks they are too small to mess with. This leaves fewer investors bidding and results in better deals. They are still large enough to scale your business quickly if you can prove you can close deals.