I might have found a possible first home to flip, but I need gui

I might have found a possible first home to flip, but I need gui

Real Estate Broker | Investor | Property Manager · Plantation, FL · Member since 2015 · 228 posts · 68 votes

Here are my numbers on a 1350sf 3/2 I found:

  • purchase price: $60,000
  • Rehab budget: $60k
  • Holding & hard loan costs: $14,000
  • Sale closing & Realtor fees: $11,000
  • ARV: $199,900
  • Possible profit: $54,900

I am assuming the kitchen and 2 bathrooms need a full redo as well as painting/sealing the driveway a day some new floors. I could possibly get everything done with a lower budget but prefer to be prepared.

Thoughts? 

Also, does anyone have a good excel sheet or Web calculator to double check hard money costs?

There are 2000sf homes 2 blocks away that have sold for $280k but mostly it is an inexpensive neighborhood. Maybe I'm pricing ARV too low...

0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Fairfield-New Haven-Hartford County, CT · Member since 2013 · 825 posts · 413 votes
    10y

    @Kevin Kohler from your assumptions, this looks like a very good deal. 

    The only thing I noticed is that the 3/2 house that you are pricing out at $200K is 1,350 square feet ($148/SqFt); and the homes that you're saying sold for $280K are 2,000 SqFt ($140/SqFt).

    Often times smaller homes do have a higher price per square foot, so your analysis may be spot on. However, some times smaller homes may NOT have a higher price per Sq Ft in which case make sure that you are comping similar homes.

    For approximate HML costs, you can multiply the principal amount you intend to borrow ("P") x interest rate ("I") x time ("T") listed in amount of months divided by 12 [e.g. 6 months/12 months] + Points (as a percentage] x Principal borrowed.

    Equation: (P x I x T) + (P x points)

    Example: $100K loan; 12% interest & 2 points, and 6 month timeline

    [$100K loan x 12% interest x .5 year(s)] + [2 points x $100K loan] = 

    $6K + $2K = $8K

    Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.