How to buy two houses, with a mortgage each, simultaneously?

How to buy two houses, with a mortgage each, simultaneously?

pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Hi, we are thinking about buying a primary and an investment property at almost the same time. Is it possible to get loan for both? How to do this?

What about one loan under husband, and one loan under wife's name? 

Suggestions/comments, please!

0Reply
45 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Springfield, MA · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 8 votes
    10y
    Anything is possible I would buy the primary residence first. But definitely sit down with your mortgage broker/lender to discuss options first A good lender will know the best way to go about this
  • pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    But do you think that I would have to wait till the first loan settled and then go ahead with the second home purchase? Then the house might be gone. 

    Yes, I am planning to talk with the mortgage broker/lender and see how it might work but I also want to see what other people have done before. 

  • Investor · Plano, TX · Member since 2013 · 63 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    This shouldn't be a problem.  The wife and I have done simultaneous mortgages before.  Easiest method would be finding a good broker that will handle both the rental property and the primary residence.  You don't want to be dealing with two different outfits and trying to get them to communicate.  They're going to underwrite you for having both simultaneously.  Ideally you can quality for purchasing the rental property without the income the property is expected to produce, which will make the process slightly easier.

  • Loan Officer / Processor / Life & Health Agent · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 757 votes
    10y

    @Rebecca Zhang

    This is 100% possible and quite easy actually.  

    The Underwriter will be able to see all the paper work at once so this makes approving both loans much easier and both loans will fund one day after the other or a couple of days apart.

    I hope this helps and have a great day.

  • pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Thank you. I have talked with the local mortgage lender and she said it could work! Thanks for all your contribution!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.