Wholesaler · Culver City, CA · Member since 2015 · 185 posts · 56 votes
Hello everyone,
I'm sure this discussion is somewhere on the forums, but I just don't have time to search for the answer I need.
I'm viewing a property this weekend and I'd like to bring a contractor along with me to submit a bid/estimate of repairs/renovs. The seller will be there as well just to open the door; and just chat a little bit about the property. It seems kind of weird (to me) walking the property with a contractor while the seller is there. I guess I feel uneasy talking about potentially tearing down walls, or any extensive renovations; as to not scare the seller thinking I'm going to lowball them because "the house needs so many repairs/renovs."
Is it ok to view a property with a contractor while the seller is there?
Real Estate Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 408 posts · 242 votes
10y
I personally would not have a problem with that, but it's not my house! I would just mention it to the seller and see if they have a problem.
A tip that I have had luck with is actually "calculating" the deal in front of the seller.. people forget that realtor fees and closing cost are there, if you have a legit bid that always helps.
I personally would not have a problem with that, but it's not my house! I would just mention it to the seller and see if they have a problem.
A tip that I have had luck with is actually "calculating" the deal in front of the seller.. people forget that realtor fees and closing cost are there, if you have a legit bid that always helps.
Hey Deren, Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, the one contractor I called last week never called me back to meet me at the property. So, I know who not to use when I really get going. The Seller was open to allowing the contractor to walk the property with me. Too bad I didn't have one with me.