Wholesaler · Green Brook, NJ · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 1 vote
Hello Everyone,
I am interested in investing in short sale and foreclosure properties, but I am not sure how to go about finding a realtor who is knowledgeable and excited about making a sale on these types of properties. They seem to shy away from them. Perhaps because these type of properties take a long time before they actually sell. Any suggestions...?
Real Estate Consultant · Knoxville TN · Member since 2011 · 112 posts · 81 votes
10y
Sometimes they can take a long time but if you have a good team they can make it happen. I would start with your local real estate investment group and see if there are any stand out agents there that would be willing to help you. Another option you could try is to look for a real estate agent in your area with the SFR designation. This is an additional certification that agents can receive for training themselves and working with short sales and foreclosures, you can find an agent on realtorsfr.org and click on the SFR directory. Another designation to look for in an agent would be CDPE. You can visit CDPE.com and click on the find a cdpe link. There are other designations that you can look for but these are the two I would start with. Good luck.