Nashville Neighborhoods in Transition

Nashville Neighborhoods in Transition

Developer · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 0 votes
I've been relatively successful in Orlando, FL rehabbing and renting homes in neighborhoods that are in the progress of transition from blue collar to young professionals. The Milk District is a good example. I'm in Nashville for the weekend and would like to look at a few opportunities while here. That being said, I'm not sure where to look? Any suggestions on neighborhoods in Nashville that are similar to the Milk District in Orlando? Very specific question, I know. Thanks!
0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2016 · 88 posts · 66 votes
10y

I started investing in East Nashville in 2013. I think the secret is out and everyone is buying now.  That being said anything East of Dickerson and south of Briley is what I consider East Nashville.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Brentwood, TN · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Welcome to Nashville! I did a quick search of rental properties in what I think was the milk district.. I'm attaching a map of all rentals currently available in Davidson County for less than 1,300/mo to give you an idea of where things are. I found one house on Boscobel Street and one on 14th Street that looked to be a similar age as the milk district homes.

    As far as transitioning neighborhoods, the best local knowledge I can give you is of a little pocket on the South West side of Franklin. Dabney Dr, Franklin, TN 37064 will get you to the area. It is off of Carters Creek Pike. It is a neighborhood very close to downtown Franklin that I have seen a couple of flips in. That might be a little further than what you were looking for so maybe check out other peoples' suggestions first and make it over there if you have time at the end of your trip? 

    I hope some of this helps! Feel free to reach out if you think I can help you with anything else. 

  • Developer · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    Thank you, Adam! I've heard that Franklin is becoming a real hotspot. I've also heard East Nashville is a hip young area. That's more what I'm looking for, the younger artsy type rental communities.
  • Real Estate Agent · Brentwood, TN · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Absolutely, East Nashville is definitely that type.

  • Developer · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    Does anyone have more specific advise on areas in East Nashville that have high rental values and duplexes that may need work to bring up to neighborhood standards?
  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2016 · 88 posts · 66 votes
    10y

    I started investing in East Nashville in 2013. I think the secret is out and everyone is buying now.  That being said anything East of Dickerson and south of Briley is what I consider East Nashville.

  • Developer · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    Thank you, Carrie! That's what I was looking for.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.