Anyone investing in the Conway, SC area?

Anyone investing in the Conway, SC area?

Investor · Ellington, CT · Member since 2012 · 60 posts · 16 votes

Trying to find a new market for single family houses for buy and hold.  I've put Conway in the key words but haven't seen any hits. Conway seems like a good location, near Myrtle Beach and Coastal Carolina.  Can anyone comment on the viability of this location?

0Reply
13 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Myrtle Beach, SC · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Hi Terry, I live in Myrtle Beach, SC and am close to the border of Conway. I think Conway is an up and coming area, there has been a ton of new construction in the last few years. Keep your eye on the International Drive project. Once that road is paved, it's going to open a path for Conway residents and employees another direct access to Myrtle Beach without having to get on the dreaded route 501. There is a conservationist group trying to put a stop to it but the county is pushing forward.

    http://www.29579myrtlebeach.com/international-drive-paving-begun/

  • Investor · Ellington, CT · Member since 2012 · 60 posts · 16 votes
    10y

    Thanks Chris.  Great info.

    Do you deal with rentals yourself?  I'd like to know what rental rates are for a 3/2/2 Sfh 1500 sq ft Sfh.  From Zillow, it looks like $1000-1100/month.  What I can't tell is how long it takes to find a renter.

  • Investor · Mount Bethel, PA · Member since 2013 · 45 posts · 29 votes
    10y

    Hi Terry,

    We just built a 3/2/2 1450sf that closed about 10 days ago. Our PM put it up for $1,600. I know there's been interest so I'll have to update you when it gets rented and for how much. It's behind 707 so in a quieter area outside of flood and W&H zone 1 that is still pretty close to beach. You have to factor in higher investment/out of state property taxes and the wind and hail insurance. This is going to be our future retirement home so that wasn't the only factor for us.

  • Investor · Mount Bethel, PA · Member since 2013 · 45 posts · 29 votes
    10y

    Btw, we did look around Conway also, but with all the flooding right after the historic rains they had and the traffic on 501 we decided against it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.