LLC Buyout for investment property

LLC Buyout for investment property

Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 17 votes

How would it work to buy out an LLC to take on a property? Is this similar, in fact, to a seller financing or paying all cash? I get that I would be buying out the shares for the individual who holds all the shares within the established LLC, and it seems there will be no closing costs. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on benefits and drawbacks to taking on property this way.

0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    Of course you'd be inheriting any unknown liabilities of the LLC, and you'd be assuming the llc's basis in the property and depending on the LLC original purchase price and depreciation taken, a much lower basis than your actual "purchase price", increasing your taxes when you sell.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.