New Wholesaler --how to get my first deal under contract

New Wholesaler --how to get my first deal under contract

Investor · Indian Land, SC · Member since 2016 · 136 posts · 76 votes

--Sorry newbie question--As the title states I am a new wholesaler here in Charlotte NC. I have started a direct mail campaign and before I try to purchase a property from a motivated seller I want to be clear on how to go about this as far as a contract standpoint. I would love a walk through of the process. Thanks BP! -Ryan

0Reply
11 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 35 votes
    10y

    Ryan, there are a lot of resources in the specific forums for wholesaling that you can check into, as well as comb through the blogs here.  Using the search bar will get you very far.  Also, check out the Bigger Pockets file place.

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 35 votes
    10y

    @Ryan Battista, if I come across links I find of value, I will be sure to drop them in this thread.  But everything you need to know is here, somewhere.  Also, you need to connect with a RE attorney here in NC to make sure your assignable contract is valid and legal.  I have dealt with some wholesalers that had contracts that were not truly assignable.  Avoid legal document websites at all costs in situations like this, unless you are using the templates for a starting point.  Be sure to get a legal expert to look it over before presenting to the seller.  It is worth the expense.  And it will be a one time cost.

    Good luck

  • Investor · Indian Land, SC · Member since 2016 · 136 posts · 76 votes
    10y

    Ian thanks for your advice!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.