Multi-Family Buildings

Multi-Family Buildings

Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 2 votes

Is it standard practice for sellers of multi-family units to withhold P & L and other financial data until an offer is made?  This was brought to my attention and I am having difficulty accepting this.  How is a buyer supposed to make an offer on a property without having all the information to properly analyze it?

0Reply
36 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Springfield, MO · Member since 2016 · 104 posts · 54 votes
    10y
    I'm not sure how the seller expects anyone to make an informed decision without this crucial information. I would never make an offer without this info.
  • full-time CPA & part-time RE Investor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2016 · 102 posts · 46 votes
    10y

    I agree with @Mike Vann.  If the seller will not give you enough information to make an informed offer, pass on the property.  There are other properties with sellers who will share that information.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 119 posts · 129 votes
    10y
    You can also make your offer contingent on on inspection. During the inspection, you may request the P and L, and if you do not like the numbers, counter offer or bail out.
  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thank you all, for your feedback. I really appreciate it and wish all much success.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.