Votes
Karolyn Lee
  • Xiamen, Fujian
Votes |
Buying a home in Eastern Europe

Karolyn Lee
  • Xiamen, Fujian
Posted Oct 24 2016, 14:54

I am thinking of buying and investing in a residential type house that has at least 2 miles of nature (no other neighbors or even stores) surrounding it, that is about 30minutes to 1 hour drive to an interesting city that has cafes, stores, and cultural events, culture, and all that cities have to offer. I've been looking at Bulgaria, near Sophia, Czech Republic, Hugary, etc. The problem is (1) that I only want to pay up to 30,000 US dollars all cash and (2) also want to find people (realtors) in different Eastern European countries that speak English and that I can trust.

Could anyone help with that?

Also, it would be nice to have access to a good expat community as well as making friends with the locals and I would like it to be airbnb-able should I want to travel.

Finally, I heard that Portugal, although not E. Europe offers instant citizenship to those who buy property in that country. I guess ideally I would like a country that offers long term foreign residents healthcare into their system also.

I heard of a woman who bought a stone house surrounded by lots of land in Estonia for about 17K and it went up to over 30K within 2 years.

The reason I need solitude is for personal reasons, and because I will work remotely, great internet access is essential.

Thanks,

Karolyn

Loading replies...