Disadvantages of buying multiple owner occupied homes

Disadvantages of buying multiple owner occupied homes

Grand Junction, CO · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 14 votes
Hello everyone, I understand that people can buy 1 property a year with only 5 percent down aslong as it is owner occupied. Has anyone one done this on a large scale? If so what are the disadvantages of doing this?
0Reply
18 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 463 posts · 220 votes
    9y

    I don't know how "large scale" you want to go with this.... But I have read that after mortgage #4 with 5% down, your lender will move you to 20-25% down on properties 5 and above. In other words, you can only qualify for 4 low down payment owner-occupant loans. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.