How do people advertise their multifamily (2-4 units) rentals

How do people advertise their multifamily (2-4 units) rentals

Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 2 votes

Hello all

For my first investment property I am looking at a multifamily (2-4 unit) and I'm researching rents in the Sacramento area, but I was curious how most people advertise those properties, e.g. apartment or home.

0Reply
30 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    9y

    Apartment. Additional info in the add would clarify it is in a multi unit or duplex.

    Only a SFH would be advertised as a "home"

  • Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    9y
    Thanks Greg
  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 463 posts · 220 votes
    9y

    IMO, it depends on the size of each unit and layout of the multi. If they are quite big, I have seen them advertised as "apartment homes." Ditto townhouse style (vs. multistory).

  • Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed would you recommend looking at apartments, townhouses and condo when doing research on rents for multifamilies?

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 463 posts · 220 votes
    9y

    @Paul Saunders

    Yes, I personally would, and compare my units to those other kinds in terms of size and layout to determine what rents I can reasonably expect.

  • Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed Thank you

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.