Does a fence around a yard=Bad neighborhood

Does a fence around a yard=Bad neighborhood

Investor · Rocklin, CA · Member since 2016 · 83 posts · 77 votes

 I've always wondered why people do this? To keep out bad people?

And ..does a fence around the front of the house automatically=Bad part of town?  It generally does here in CA, but curious if this is the same for all of the United States. 

0Reply
13 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Downers Grove, IL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 955 votes
    9y

    @Par Attaran

    I have a privacy fence to keep my little kids in while we're outside, and also I don't have to see my neighbors driveway. My neighborhood is decent. A/B area. 

    In fact, I would argue in a war zone, you don't want to have a privacy fence so people can break in without anyone seeing. Maybe a chain link fence where you can see through and it's cheap/solid.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Brighton, MI · Member since 2013 · 607 posts · 251 votes
    9y

    I'm a full-time Realtor and hold properties as well. Many buyers prefer a fenced yard especially if they have young children and pets.  I don't believe it reflects a bad neighborhood.

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    9y

    It typically signifies a nicer new construction neighborhood in the DC area

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Barb wire with or without electricity = bad neighborhood

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.