Buying Land in North Carolina - Looking for Professionals

2 Replies

Hi Guys,

Me and my wife are making a move to western North Carolina from NYC. Yes, I know that it would be different out there, but that is exactly the reason why we like it. We found an amazing 113 acres lot in Polk county (an hour south of Asheville, and 45 minutes west of Charlotte). We had submitted an offer, and I would like to get ready for the due diligence period. If you happened to know a local trustworthy land inspector, a contractor, and a landscaper (all licensed) that I would be able to hire, starting two weeks from now that would be a blessing. 

On another note, if any of you guys is living in the area and have any tips for us, please go ahead and respond to this thread. Every bit of info would mean a lot! 

Thanks!

Adir,

Congrats on the move! Polk is about to get very popular with the new international equestrian center hosting the 2018 FEI World Equestrian Games. 

Are you working with a broker down there? If so they would be your best resource for getting all the due diligence tasks done. (Survey, perc test, inspection on any structures, quotes for work, etc.)

Curious what you mean by land inspector too? Is there something about the land you need to specifically look at (i.e. contamination, landslides, flood cert, etc)?

Pat

Hey Pat, I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. The land we are about to close on has four houses on it. My quesion is: If anyone can recommend on an inspector that can run inspections on all 3 houses including 
- Pest test
- Well test
- Septic system test 
- Lake test (the land has 3 lakes)

By the way, the inspector can be from other places in NC not just Polk County (we want an objective professional who is not affiliated with brokers/owners etc..)
That would be more than helpful. Thank you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here